The Forestland Group Profile
- Independent Timberland Investment Management Organization (“TIMO”) founded in 1995.
- Controlled by active principals.
- Still the only TIMO dedicated to hardwood timberland.
- Existing Portfolio Mix: 90% Hardwoods/10% Softwoods.
- Controls the largest portfolio of US hardwoods.
- Manages approximately 3.6 million acres in 24 US states as well as in Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, and Panama.
- The firm has organized eight core commingled funds and one separate account.
- The firm manages its investments through a series of limited partnerships and private REITs with a mix of both institutional and high-net-worth investors.
- FSC® multiple FMU forest management and chain of custody certificate holder – first TIMO to certify its entire portfolio with this standard. FSC® C018151.
- Headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina with a series of regional offices.